It’s been quite a ride leading up to Thanksgiving, but I know that I can speak for at least a few when I say that I’m thankful for many things this year. I’ve compiled a list of a few Hoboken things that I truly appreciate (some silly, but true!), and I wanted to share them here.
1. All of local shop owners and boutiques that I love to visit – Lauren, Hannah, Neeta, Kristen (and more). Thanks for always making me feel so welcome!
2. My railroad apartment — even if it is a pain to walk from one end to the other sometimes.
3. All of the different local coffee shops, each with their own flair (like Maroon, Ganache, & Empire Coffee & Tea). Especially their pumpkin-spiced lattes.
4. Mikie Squared’s Cindy’s Always on a Diet Salad – it really is the best thing since sliced bread.
5. My Parking Spot & Lot. That $200 a month is well-spent.
6. The gorgeous brownstones I love to walk past on a beautiful fall day. It really is some of these buildings that make Hoboken so beautiful and such a quaint little city.
7. The endless amount of delicious brunches – Elysian, Court Street, and Anthony David’s to name a few.
8. The gorgeous view of NYC no matter what angle or spot you’re looking at it.
9. Italian delis, bakeries, and restaurants – so many delicious ones. Leo’s, Lisa’s, Grimaldi’s, Benny’s, Giorgio’s….ahh too many to list!
10. The sense of community that we have in this little city, especially after such devastation from Sandy. It is amazing to see everyone working together for a united cause, and I just love getting to know my neighbors better through this all. So many wonderful people here. There is a little positive to every experience in life — even some of the worst.
That being said, I hope you and your loved ones have an amazing, warm, and happy day. Happy Thanksgiving!
Oh, and don’t forget, Black Friday is tomorrow. Shop locally and support Hoboken!
This ecard pretty much sums it up:
What in Hoboken are you thankful for? xoxo