There were so many events to post, that I figured I’d post them a day or two early so that you could take your pick. So sit back, because this events schedule is a long one!
1. The Robert Bazouzi Salon is having a grand opening party (for Zéphir Spa Cosmétiques!) Thursday night:
I’m hoping to stop by with my friend The Bloginista!
1. Friday, October 12, Kings Food Markets will celebrate the grand reopening of its North Hoboken location, the brand’s Fresh Ideas concept store. The store recently underwent enhancements, such as an expanded product department, new pizza oven, an expanded salad bar, a grain bar and freshly made sushi station.
To celebrate the reopening of the North Hoboken store, street teams will be on-site handing out free gourmet samples in the afternoon on Friday, October 12 through Tuesday, October 16 from 2pm-7pm each day.
Who doesn’t love free samples?
2. Breast Cancer Fundraiser at Work it Out Fitness Studio from 7pm – 9pm
Kelly Wadler and Heather Hamwey will be hosting four 30-minutes classes: Next Stop; Skinny, Zumba, WiO Ride, and our NEW Dancer’s Ride. Refreshments to be served. A suggested donation of $10 is welcomed and will go to support the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Call (201) 222-0802 or visit WiO online to sign-up!
1. Wicked Wolf is hosting the 2nd annual breast cancer fundraiser for the DearHeart Charitable Fund:
The fund was created in memory of Jeanna Palumbo’s mom (Jeanna is a buyer & assistant general manager for air studios, 1 fifty five, and platform boutiques in Hoboken) who passed away in 2005 to raise money for patients and their families copy with the challenges they face while dealing with the disease. Donations are $25 per person if prepaid online and $30 at the door.
2. Mary Kay Mimosas and Make-Up Party is this Sat from 10am-2pm hosted by Ashley Reckdenwald. You will get to try the timewise line – it is awesome!
Click here for details on the event and here for more info about the amazing world of Mary Kay (that I tried!).
3. True Mentors Hoboken Scavenger Hunt on Saturday from 2pm-4pm
There is a scavenger hunt fundraiser event here in Hoboken and all proceeds will go directly to True Mentors – a program based out of Hoboken that matches young adults with children in the area as mentors. True Mentors also holds weekly classes out of the Boys and Girls Club. Its an easy and fun way to have a direct positive impact on your local community. My friend Michelle is running it, and it really sounds awesome. Check out the Facebook invite here.
4. Alex Meixner Performs at the Pilsener Haus (for Oktoberfest)
Grammy Nominated Alex Meixner will be in residency at Pilsener Haus throughout Oktoberfest. LIVE 12 NOON-12 Midnight:
1. Heirloom Garlic Tasting Festival from 1pm-5pm
Location: Hoboken Historical Museum, 1301 Hudson St., (201) 656-2240
Savor the pungent flavor of more than a dozen varieties of “the stinking rose,” trucked in Jersey-fresh from Wantage, NJ, by farmers Rich and Sue Sisti, who bring other fresh produce for sale as well.
And that’s it for major events that I’ve been told of. Make sure to email: email@example.com if you’d like your weekend event posted!
What will you be up to this weekend? xo