Well, well, well. That time is upon us. Halloween weekend!
There are lots of things to do in Hoboken this weekend:
First things first:
If you need a costume, head to:
-Ricky’s Costume Superstore (next to the regular Ricky’s around 3rd and Wash) – costumes galore
-Spirit Halloween Store (412 Washington) – more costumes galore
-Second Time Around Consignment Shop (near 6th and Wash) – they have some Halloween costumes that I saw last time I was in
-Revival Vintage Boutique (42 Harrison St) – lots of fabulous costumes and vintage merchandise all over da place.
If you need a party to go to, here are a few for this weekend:
1. Willie McBride’s has cover band Almost Easy to celebrate the holiday. There is also $300 cash prize for the best costume. http://www.townery.com/events/
2. There is a Hoboken Bar Crawl starting at Teak at 12pm on Saturday – http://www.townery.com/events/
3. Wicked Wolf is having a Halloween party where they are giving away $1,500 in cash prizes! Including $500 for most creative, $400 for best duo, $300 for sexiest and $300 for scariest. http://www.townery.com/events/
4. Night of the Living Bar Crawlers 3 Day All Access Hoboken Ticket 10/26, 10/27, & 10/31 is being offered here: http://barcrawls.com/hoboken/Hoboken-Official-Halloween-2012-Bar-Crawl
5. Friday there is Maxwell’s Costume Karaoke 9 p.m. only $5
6. The West Five Supperclub is having a Halloween Party on Friday the 26th. Over $2500 in cash and prizes!
7. Black Bear Bar & Grill is having a Halloween Party on Saturday. After 10pm, cash prizes will be given for best costumes!
8. Liberty Bar is having a Costume Contest with Prizes and more. $3 Dos Equis
9. Trinity Bar is having a Costume Contest with $1 Coors Light and $4 Pumpkin Lager
10. City Bistro is having a Costume Contest, Great Prizes, & Drink Specials (no cover!)
11. Additional Halloween Parties include: Mikie Squared, Texas Arizona, Tilted Kilt, Oddfellows, Carpe Diem, ONieals, Mulligans, Bahama Mamas and the Hoboken Bar & Grill.
I can’t say every party will be packed and fun, but, there are a zillion options to choose from – you really can’t go wrong!
On the REAL Halloween night (Wednesday), there are some more options:
1. The Manzo Brothers (+ Lauren) will be leading a bar crawl starting at The Village Pourhouse and then heading to Hotel Victor, Wicked Wolf, and The Shannon: http://hobokenhalloween.ticketleap.com/barcrawl/
2. Green Rock is hosting a Halloween Party with prizes for costumes.
3. ONieals is also hosting a Halloween Party with prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
If you’re into other types of events that don’t involve being a lush, here are some options:
- - The HobOOken 5K is this weekend. Details here.
- - In honor of Halloween, The Rocky Horror Picture Show is coming to the Theater Company this weekend! Shows this Friday and Saturday nights, as well as Sunday afternoon. http://www.townery.com/events/