UPDATED Photos 10am 10/31/12: Readers have sent a variety of storm pics in so that I can post (to send a pic, email it to email@example.com). I’ll be updating as I receive more.
From City Hall at 10am 10/31/12:
- - We need donations of bottled water and non-perishable food. Please bring to Hoboken City Hall, 94 Washington St.
- - 200,000 people are currently trapped in their apartments in Hoboken.
- - National Guard is here. Please call out the window to them if you need help – DO NOT go outside. They are rescuing those with medical emergencies and those with no food/water first. Go to the lowest floor – but again, do not go outside.
- - All parking enforcement is suspended on Wednesday.
- - According to United Water, the drinking water is safe to drink.
- - Flood waters are a mix of sewage and rain water and pose a health hazard.
- - The City is asking the National Guard for as many pumps as possible to assist residents in pumping out their homes.
- - Volunteers can assist with a community cleanup of three parks: Stevens Park, Elysian Park, and Church Square Park. Please arrive at 10:00am at the corresponding park.
- - Volunteers can also assist with other efforts by going to City Hall at any time.
- - The curfew has been lifted and driving is permitted. Drivers must exercise extreme caution since most traffic signals are not functioning.
Any PSE&G power updates found here: http://www.pseg.com/info/media/news.jsp
Email your Instagram photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and I’ll post and credit you. Please be safe!