If you read my previous post, you’ll know I’ve been on a quest to shop locally and support some of my favorite businesses around town. However, I did so much local wining and dining that I had to split it up into two posts. Here is part two of the fabulous places I stopped into to promote shopping locally! Make sure you do the same.
1. Townhouse 620: Shopping on Washington Street
Some animal-print inspired fingerless gloves – FGs are my new obsession. It must be the photographer in me.
2. BB Gourmet: Picked up some flowers for my apartment
3. Clean Popo: A deep clean/scrub of my apartment was the perfect way to start fresh in Hoboken this past Saturday (HobokenGirl/CleanPopo giveaway of a FREE cleaning coming soon!). Really and truly one of the best cleaning services in town!
4. Gotham Nails: A quick gel manicure – their first day open since Sandy!
Was feeling a sparkly dark. Erika did my nails – she and Rosie are fantastic nail techs!
My arugula salad looks orange because I was iPhone camera shy in the restaurant. Sometimes I just have no shame, but other times I feel silly snapping pics of my food. This was one of those times. But, it was delicious!
6. Jennifer Casson Photography: My local photography business received some action this weekend as well – I had a bunch of photoshoots this weekend – families that missed out due to the storm finally got their holiday sessions in.
9. Elysian Cafe: Sunday Brunch – my favorite. You must try the Salmon Eggs Benedict!
Need I say more?
Don’t forget, the best way to support Hoboken in its efforts to rebuild (besides volunteering or donating) is to visit local businesses and stores. How did you pump money into the economy this weekend in Hoboken?
Tweet me all about it!
Next up: how you can further help Hoboken in Sandy Recovery: lots of great fundraising events coming soon!
Written by: Jen