Like Hoboken needed another frozen yogurt place…but, we’re not complaining.
16 Handles has officially opened in Maxwell Place! 1185 Maxwell Place, to be exact. If you’ve never been to Maxwell Park (and around Maxwell Place in general), you are, indeed, missing out. The views are amazing:
Now 16 Handles has just that…16 handles of fro yo goodness.
In a nutshell, the things I loved about 16 Handles:
- – The View of NYC
- – Fun seating
- – Nutrition facts on each label of fro yo
- – Toasted Marshmallow flavor
- – Graham Cracker flavor
- – Peanut Butter Confession flavor
- – The endless amount of toppings! I’d say the coconut brownie bits were my favorite. YUM.
- The fact that you’re allowed to sample the toppings too!
- – The sampling has to be done by a staff member.
- I love how at other places you can try yogurt for yourself. As long as you don’t go fro yo sampling crazy, I think it’s totally fine to do so. But I don’t like feeling bombarded by the staff to sample or pick my fro yo asap. It’s a process that I quite enjoy and don’t want to be rushed.
That was pretty much it on drawbacks. Location is quite convenient for uptown Hobokeners, that’s for sure!
Prices are relatively reasonable – 51 cents per ounce…meaning 8 oz of fro yo = $4. Not horrible and most are similar to the other fro yo spots in town.
So, what can you get there? Let us show you…
Make sure you stop in to 16 Handles to test out some of the flavors and enjoy a cup of fro yo by the water. This place is sure to be quite popular especially as the warmer months approach. Speaking of – why is it still snowing in March?
SUN-THU Noon – 10PM
FRI-SAT Noon -11PM
Long live the Fro Yo War…have you been to 16 Handles? What did you think?
Written by: Jen