A good friend of mine recently got engaged, and I figured since champagne can and will be overdone (over the course of her engagement/wedding)…why not spice it up a bit! That’s where strawberry peach champagne jello shots come in.
The original recipe was found on a blog through Pinterest, but I decided to adapt it to my own liking. The original recipe uses pineapple jello, and that’s pretty hard to find. So I used peach. I absolutely love the taste of peach – and you can find that flavor jello in pretty much any local supermarket.
The directions are quite simple…it’s similar to making regular jello shots:
- – 2 packages of regular Peach Jello (there is less jello in a sugar free package so I’d use 3 packages if you go sugar free)
- – 1.5 cups of boiling water
- – 2.5 cups of champagne (I used Veuve Clicquot, but anything from Andre to Dom P can work)
- – Sliced Strawberries
- – Clear Disposable Plastic Cups (or champagne flutes if you can find them would be adorbs!)
1. Mix the jello and boiling water in a medium sized bowl, stirring until jello powder has all dissolved. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Stir in champagne and refrigerate for another 30 minutes or until jello has just slightly thickened.
3. Set aside about 3/4 cup of your jello and champagne mixture for creating the foam top and put it back in the refrigerator.
4. Pour jello and champagne mixture into your shot glasses, then drop a few sliced berries in each glass.
6. Refrigerate overnight if possible. Or at least for 4-5 hours so jello is set.
7. Serve and toast to your heart’s content!
Making these? Any tips?? Let me know how they come out!
Comment below or tweet me. Happy Pinning!
Written by: Jen